Fudge Squares with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
Combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until well combined. Combine flour and cocoa in a separate bowl, then sift into butter mixture. Continue stirring until well-combined. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper, allowing sides to hang over, then spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20-25 until just set. Allow to cool in pan 5-10 minutes, the invert on cooling rack and cool completely. When cooled, frost and serve.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk or cream
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and peanut butter; use a mixer to mix until smooth. Add vanilla, milk or cream, and powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and beat until spreading consistency. Spread on cooled Fudge Squares.
- I found that chilling these after frosting them yields a thick, solid, fudge-like version of the brownie to which I have become quite partial.
- You can easily double these for a crowd and cook them in a sheet pan for 30-35 minutes.
- The Fudge Squares exist easily without the frosting, but I prefer to add a cup of chopped walnuts in this case.