29 June 2011

Things I love

I'm on a gratitude kick. It seems to be working for me, but it's always better if I share. Enter Culinary Gratitude:
  • Gardens. I might be working multiples right now, and I can't seem to get the dirt out of my hands. Ever.
  • Chocolate. Right now I'm enjoying some Callebaut I picked up in bulk, but Valrhona is my one true love.
  • Fresh herbs. I finally got my cilantro planted and I couldn't be more pleased. Until it comes in, I'll have to enjoy my basils, rosemary, oregano, thyme, chives, mint, and this year's real star, tarragon.
  • Creamy radishes. Maybe i'll throw that recipe on here.
  • Mashed, roasted, seasoned eggplant.
  • Grilled sirloin that's still pink in the middle.
  • Crème Fraîche.
  • Homemade mayonnaise made with fresh eggs and a touch of olive oil.
  • New silicone spatulas from Williams-Sonoma.
  • Cookbooks. It's been suggested that I purchased 8 of them in the last three weeks. I refuse to either confirm or deny that allegation.
  • Cooling racks.
  • Tart pans. I'm ready for a rectangle.
  • Sourdough bread.
  • Vintage bread pans
  • Brownies
  • Ice Cream
  • Cooking for friends and family.

No comments: